The Video Technician normalizes, modifies and prepares file-based content to defined specifications and workflows using specific digital media software and hardware systems. You will work as part of the Digital Production Team and take direction from a Manager within Digital Production Operations.
Operators in transcoding perform work order-based assignments at a high level of precision with an eye for technical details and content quality standards for DDG's customers.
• Individual will edit, capture, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent theatrical and episodic releases.
• Video dubbing, editing, standards conversion, pre-processing, compression and quality assurance testing.
• Audio editing, restoration, conversion, encoding and quality assurance testing.
• Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
• Individual must be able to compress audio and video to an acceptable degree while remaining within file size constraints.
• Individual must efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
• Individual must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties.
• Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
Clearly communicate expected delivery dates, via entry protocol into internal systems (HAL, SharePoint, DL3), and Email/verbal communication for special cases and exceptions.
• Notification to the internal stakeholders' teams any client workflow changes, request to on-board new providers, delivery delays and programming changes.
• Accountable for OTD, escalate OTD issues, client communication of any OTD delays
• Responsible for tracking and reporting on Defects
• The Supervisors are the first line for an escalation for internal issues
• The Director is the final escalation point for internal issues
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm8o9-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.