The Video Technician normalizes, modifies and prepares file-based content to defined specifications and workflows using specific digital media software and hardware systems. You will work as part of the Digital Production Team and take direction from a Manager within Digital Production Operations.
Operators in transcoding perform work order-based assignments at a high level of precision with an eye for technical details and content quality standards for DDG's customers.
• Individual will edit, capture, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent theatrical and episodic releases.
• Video dubbing, editing, standards conversion, pre-processing, compression and quality assurance testing.
• Audio editing, restoration, conversion, encoding and quality assurance testing.
• Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
• Individual must be able to compress audio and video to an acceptable degree while remaining within file size constraints.
• Individual must efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
• Individual must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties.
• Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
Clearly communicate expected delivery dates, via entry protocol into internal systems (HAL, SharePoint, DL3), and Email/verbal communication for special cases and exceptions.
• Notification to the internal stakeholders' teams any client workflow changes, request to on-board new providers, delivery delays and programming changes.
• Accountable for OTD, escalate OTD issues, client communication of any OTD delays
• Responsible for tracking and reporting on Defects
• The Supervisors are the first line for an escalation for internal issues
• The Director is the final escalation point for internal issues
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxm1k-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.