3D Subtitling & Dfx Quality Control Technician
Team Lead, Japanese Subtitling Operations
Team Lead, Japanese Operations
This position is ideal for individuals who have the drive and desire to 'make things happen'. It requires a highly motivated individual with a desire to learn, lead and solve problems. If you like planning, organizing, and managing schedules, this is the perfect role for you. If you believe that great project management drives customer satisfaction and linguist engagement, and you love managing people, you will find this role to be the perfect fit for you. This position will be remote (select states/provinces in US or Canada) or in Burbank, CA.
Outcomes and Accomplishments
As a Team Lead, you will:
• Oversee a group of project managers and coordinators located in Japan and the US.
• Help grow the team by recruiting, training, and mentoring newly hired project managers and coordinators. Set up individual and team goals, carry out performance reviews and provide coaching as needed.
• Work with the Senior Manager to recruit, interview, select and hire an appropriate number of freelance translators and QCers.
• Plan and allocate resources effectively to individual staff members or freelancers and accomplish the work to meet team productivity and quality goals.
• Forecast, assign and balance the workload based on benchmarks and resource availability.
• Assign projects, monitor workload and schedules of all production work. Ensure assigned projects are delivered on time and meet established quality thresholds.
• Liaise with Client Services team, in-territory vendors, and the territory client contacts regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information.
• Answer questions from Client Services team, freelancers, in-territory vendors and the territory client contacts in a timely and professional manner.
• Communicate in Japanese with territory client contacts and in-territory vendors using proper Japanese business communication style.
• Participate in onboarding new clients and workflows with global Project Coordination Management and key stakeholders in the end-to-end production chain.
• Support the entire team by providing leadership and management when onboarding new clients or workflows.
• Be the first point of escalation for project management quality and capacity concerns.
• Participate in performing issue root cause analysis and proposing and implementing preventive actions.
• Own and report team metrics on quality, productivity, and on-time delivery.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement, including opportunities to optimize workflows and resolve production or customer issues.
• Participate in production-related development scoping, documentation, and testing for our proprietary cloud-based platform.
• Take initiative to deal with issues as they arise.
• Own a working knowledge of client-specific subtitle guidelines and ensure that clients' expectations are always met.
• Manage freelancers' billing.
What You Bring
• Experience in leading, managing, mentoring, and training staff
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written) in Japanese and English
• Experiences in communicating with Japanese customers and vendors
• Experience with various localization workflows with emphasis on Japanese subtitling for media & entertainment distribution channels
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking to solve difficult problems
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• You will be part of a large international and culturally diverse team
• You will have the opportunity to make an impact for the organization, the customers, and freelance partners
• You will have opportunities to further grow your leadership skills
• You will have the opportunity to learn about new products and workflows in a rapidly changing industry
• You will have the opportunity to expand your professional network
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwyqxk-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.
About the Company
As the world's leading multidisciplinary service provider, Deluxe underpins the media and entertainment industry, servicing content creators and distributors including Netflix, WarnerMedia, The Walt Disney Company, Amazon, Apple, Viacom, NBCU, Google, AT&T and many others, by providing Global Content Distribution, Localization, Accessibility and Mastering while leading end-to-end innovation with unparalleled scale and agility across the Streaming, Theatrical, Broadcast and Mobile landscapes.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,200 of the most talented and experienced industry individuals worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.