Senior Systems Administrator
Senior Systems Engineer
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer, who will perform IT maintenance, and support on all production networks and equipment in conjunction with engineering. This position will be located in Toronto.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Install, configure system hardware and software
• Establish and manage user accounts for:
• Data I/O accounts:
• Signiant, Aspera, SFTP, Media Shuttle etc.
• Upgrade software and backup/recovery
• Administer, maintain and deploy production network infrastructure and services (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
• Maintenance of key IT workflows and processes
• Administration and maintenance of network user infrastructure, and user workstation
• Management of user accounts
• Troubleshooting issues with network and hardware issues in the HPC and on workstations on the production floor
• Writing and maintaining documentation for IT infrastructure and processes
• Working together with Engineering and Operations to provide solutions involving IT resources
• Administer, maintain and deploy production storage infrastructure, such as NAS, SAN and cluster/cloud-based storage.
• Provide technical expertise and support for production users and Engineering staff as required on day to day basis.
• Design, implement and support technical solutions according to Deluxe standards and principles as required.
• Take part in project work, planning and implementation of future IT development.
• Monitor daily network usage for efficiency; apply preventive measures in maintaining networks for overall system security and reliability.
• Analyze and resolve faults, ranging from a major system malfunction to a forgotten password.
• Work closely with all departments and collaborate with other Engineering staff.
• Work closely with vendors for hardware/software conformity, and Corporate IT to enforce security and minimize duplication of resources.
• Moderate shift work and some weekend work may be required.
What You Bring:
• You have a have strong Linux background but are not afraid to venture into Windows and Mac OSX world.
• Possess Bachelors' in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience.
• Minimum 4 years full-time work experience as Systems Administrator.
• Have advanced experience with Linux, OSX and Windows platforms and their integration with Active Directory.
• Strong knowledge and experience with storage infrastructure such as NAS / SAN platforms and their underlying transport protocols, iSCSI, CIFS, NFS and fiber channel.
• Experience with VMware products such as vSphere Hypervisor, VCenter and Virtual SAN.
• Experience with secure Internet file transport applications such as Signiant, Aspera, and SFTP.
• Knowledge of databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SAP.
• Experience maintaining and/or deployment of Cluster/Cloud storage systems such as Swift, Ceph, S3 or similar would be considered as strong advantage.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills, highly organized and self-motivated, should be able to work and remain productive unsupervised.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate within a team-based environment.
• Knowledge of the video, film and production industry would be considered an asset but is not mandatory.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, and more.
About the Company
Deluxe Media Inc., a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.