Senior Manager, Subtitling Operations
As a Senior Manager of Subtitling Operations, you will be instrumental in providing critical support to plan, organize and/or execute a variety of localization projects.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
In this role, your primary focus will be to respond to the evolving market needs by assisting in evaluation of the business opportunities and design of cost-efficient and scaled solutions. With your deep knowledge of various localization workflows for media & entertainment, you will collaborate with global production teams on implementation of assignment strategies for complex projects. You will assist the leadership in monitoring and managing the KPI performance data, process improvement actions and help manage corrective actions across projects. Through your passion for collaboration you will build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders. You will work cross functionally with Client Services, Project Coordination, Editorial, Linguistic Quality, Product, Finance, Marketing and Legal. The position reports to the Director, Localization Operations and Quality.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Supervise a local subtitling project coordination team.
• Provide critical support to plan, organize and/or execute a variety of localization projects. This can be on a local or global scale.
• Provide critical technical support to the local and global teams, using your expert knowledge in media localization file formats.
• Collaborate with global teams to design and execute project plans optimized for time, quality and cost.
• Manage a variety of complex, large scale localization projects.
• Collaborate with global production leads to monitor and manage project KPI performance data.
• Respond to Client Services or direct Customer escalations. Work on figuring out root causes for escalations and provide timely, client-friendly responses.
• Evaluate external and internal resource needs to support a variety of projects. Advise department leads on resource needs.
• Collaborate with global production managers to constantly monitor on time delivery metrics. Escalate when projects appear to be at risk and collaborate with global leads to provide appropriate solutions.
• Evaluate workflows and costs and provide insights leading into cost-effective solutions.
What You Bring:
• BA/MA Degree in Communication, Production or Post-Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience
• 3-5 years experience in managing complex, large scale projects within localization, with emphasis on subtitling workflows
• Experience and ability to supervise large scale projects with local and remote teams
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• Experience and expert knowledge of various localization workflows with emphasis on subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
• The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse, distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
• An attraction to applying deep critical thinking on difficult problems
• The ability to clearly communicate project requirements and goals
• The ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities to minimize impact
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, independent learner
• Developing management and leadership skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx926-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.