Job title: DFX Operator
Reports to: DFX Manager
Location: Eden Park Office
Deluxe Media Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com .
This position is responsible for creating artwork, localising film trailers' graphics from English to multiple languages, creating content for marketing, social and management campaigns, designing artwork for Home Entertainment menus, as well as video encoding and authoring.
• Create 2D/3D foreign-versioned titles, animate them and composite them for the major film studio's trailers and promos, producing bespoke title recreation indistinguishable from the original version.
• Extensive typographic work, including researching and formulating title design templates and layouts for use within Dept.
• Compliance with Account Management/Internal Producers in channeling pre-approved designs to clients.
• Liaising within the Department and generating artwork according to their requirements.
• Archiving / housekeeping of all design projects.
• Creating video and graphics for the marketing, social and management teams
• Designing and creating artwork for DVD and Bluray menus
• Video encoding and authoring for DVD and Bluray
• Maintaining prescribed workflow procedures and file management.
• Deliver final shots and sequences that are creatively and technically excellent.
• Compositing and animation of graphics for re-versioning of Feature Trailers & Promos.
• Setting up compositions with all the relevant data and artwork.
• Create multiple formats for output, including 2D & Stereoscopic Digital Cinema, Film and HD.
• Adhering to prescribed workflow procedures.
• All other duties from time to time
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
• Previous experience in a media operations environment or similar role
• Solid technical understanding of the television and film distribution industry
• Demonstrated knowledge of major media software and hardware including Adobe CC
• Demonstrated ability to develop new procedures and processes
• Illustration – comfortable in creating vector artwork with Illustrator
• Adobe CS – After Effects (Essential), Illustrator, Photoshop
• Cinema 4D – Modelling (Text), Texturing, Lighting
• DVD/Bluray authoring software – Scenarist, Encore
• Cinema Craft Encoder
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional attention to detail in balance with keeping to tight deadlines
• Ability to work well under pressure, make clear decision and to work on one's own initiative.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong understanding of Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems
• Outstanding Communication skills – written and oral
• Customer focused
• Ability to work well in a small team and independently
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Medium level understanding of data management and workflows
• Ability to explain in depth technical solutions to clients
• Professionalism, confidentiality and diplomacy
• Strong customer service
• Strong problem-solving ability and technical understanding to carry out detailed and involved written, diagrammatic and/or verbal instructions
• Ability to remain calm under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
• Motivational Fit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq590x-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.