Quality Control Technician
Quality Control Technician (Entry-Level)
To support our Deluxe facility in Moosic, Pennsylvania, we are seeking a Quality Control Technician (Entry-Level) to join our growing Moosic Quality Control Team.
This is a fully onsite position at our Moosic, PA facility.
Our Quality Control (QC) Technicians utilize a methodical approach to testing accuracy and have a keen focus to detail when it comes to audio, video and film impairments and artifacts. The QC Techs ensure that all internal and external security protocols are meticulously followed when dealing with sensitive material.
Our QC Techs have a passion for producing outstanding work!
The Quality Control Technician is part of the dynamic Quality Control Team which deals with rapidly shifting priorities and workloads. The candidate for this role should be a positive team player and an effective communicator with team members. Candidates should be highly motivated, have a flexible and enthusiastic attitude, and be ready to join the Deluxe team!
• Execute quality control testing on video, audio, closed captioning and subtitles including, but not limited to:
• Visual quality control testing of uncompressed and compressed video material;
• Audible quality control testing of encoded audio material (Stereo 5.1 Surround, 7.1 Surround, Dolby Atmos);
• File specification compliance.
• Utilize various industry standard and proprietary software to deliver quality control tested files.
• Work with the latest file format wrappers and codecs used in broadcast distribution and theatrical film finishing and distribution.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• Candidate possesses a basic understanding of audio, video, film.
• Candidate is a problem solver and will be able to troubleshoot quality control issues, software and player anomalies.
• Candidate will learn to master various industry standard audio and video production tools.
• Candidate is organized, diligent and detail oriented.
• Candidate possesses solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate is ready to work within a dynamic team and ensure team success.
• Candidate can perform in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Candidate is able to think independently and make frequent ''subjective'' decisions (e.g. determining the ''severity rating'' for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.).
• Candidate is enthusiastic about learning new methods, technologies, procedures, and taking on new tasks.
• Candidate is willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k) with company match, and more.
About the company
Founded in 1915, Deluxe is the world's leading creation-to-distribution company, offering global, end-to-end services. Through unmatched scale, technology, and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created media.
Our Customer-First leadership, combined with our end-to-end suite of localization, distribution services, and media technology, creates a service offering which is unrivaled in breadth, scale, and global scope. Through our Deluxe One technology platform, skilled staff, and attention to service, Deluxe has the innovation, capacity, and experience to meet and exceed any customer's expectations.
Our ownership, Platinum Equity, is a global M&A&O® firm that specializes in mergers, acquisitions, and operations of companies that provide mission-critical products, services, and solutions in diverse industries. Together, we strive for operational excellence and customer satisfaction as the primary media services provider in the world.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94mem-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.