Quality Control Technician
Quality Control (''QC'') Technician
A Quality Control Technician's (QC Tech) principal responsibility is to evaluate Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs).
In order to prepare for quality control screenings, the QC Technician ensures that the screening environment complies with required security protocols and ensures proper setup of the screening environment by performing technical procedures, play back DCPs to determine whether they pass or fail acceptable delivery requirements, and provides an administrative report of their findings to all applicable parties. These screenings are performed either internally or with clients, who may include but are not limited to: motion picture studio executives, creatives, technicians, and other studio representatives.
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
• Conducting Audio/Video/subtitle evaluations for all content
• Checking audio sync, subtitle/caption sync and positioning
• Following proper escalation of room and equipment issue
• Verifying KDM (Key Delivery Message) validity against the DCP to be evaluated
• Verifying DCP metadata against work order requirements
• D-Cinema setup of playback server, projector, audio configuration and 3D system
• External captioning device setup
• Ensuring screening environment complies with required security protocols
• Logging data regarding QC evaluations
• Notification of QC flagged items
• Completing tasks in database
What You Bring:
• 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry
• Working knowledge of both OSX and Windows and a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and film
• Video Editing experience and ability to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and player anomalies
• Must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines
• Ability to to make frequent ''subjective'' decisions as part of their daily function to determine the ''severity rating'' for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc.
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Flexibility to work extended hours to meet project deadlines
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5qk1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.