The QC Technician will oversee quality control testing of various media from our client companies.
About the Team (Digital Effects)
Working within the Digital Effects Department, your role will be in overseeing the scheduling and quality for creation of foreign-versioned titles from initial stages right through to final artwork for the Digital Effects Department. This role reports into the Producer for Digital FX.
The QC Technician will focus on both Mastering and Broadcast linear quality control for standard, high definition and UHD content, both file and tape based. This position is located in Burbank, California.
A Day in the Life of this position would include:
• Individual will perform quality assurance testing on video, audio, subtitles and closed captioning.
• Individual will perform incoming QC of the client supplied materials (audio, video, subtitles, and graphics) for file production.
• Individual will perform file QCs using various playback programs. (Quicktime, Premiere, etc.)
• Visual quality assurance testing of compressed video material.
• Audible quality assurance testing of encoded audio material.
• Interpret multiple file format wrappers and codecs.
• Dropping files into watch folders, sorting, renaming, uploading to delivery portals.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
• 3-5 years quality control experience in the entertainment industry.
• Working knowledge of both OSX and Windows and a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and film.
• Video Editing experience and ability to troubleshoot quality control issues, software, and player anomalies.
• Individual must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented.
• Individual must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Duties require an accurate and methodical approach to testing as well as a very focused and detailed attention to audio, video, and film impairments and artifacts.
• Individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
• Individual will need to make frequent "subjective" decisions as part of their daily function to determine the "severity rating" for quality defects, determining which defects are acceptable, etc..
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.