Packaging Operator I
The Packaging Operator creates and edits content metadata, packages assets, and delivers files to various distributors as assigned for the Delivery Team. This includes downloading or retrieving customer provided metadata packages, editing XML/XLSX files, running scripts and otherwise manipulating the metadata as needed to create a final package that accurately describes the content and can be packaged and uploaded to a customer site. The office is in Burbank, CA, and currently this position is remote.
• Visual quality assurance testing of video masters/MOV/AVI files.
• Creation and verification of XML and XLSX documents for multiple vendors on a per order basis.
• Packaging of metadata and physical elements per unique vendor specifications.
• Gathering missing metadata from internal and external sources.
• Logically analyze and fix failed metadata and images submissions.
• Utilize and monitor production database, inputting data as necessary to track progress.
• Operation of computer systems with various operational tools and data management software.
• Follow data management procedures to ensure all team members can access accurate and timely information on element status, location, and history.
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated in the Content Prep and Delivery departments.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Maintain a positive team relationship through both written and verbal communication, as well as accurately fulfilling needs and resolving problems accurately, on time, with high quality.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Complete additional content prep department duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• ITUNES metadata specifications and validation experience preferred.
• Associate degree in computer science or programming, electronics or A/V technology related field (or equivalent experience).
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Strong familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and Mac environments.
• Demonstrable, working knowledge of XML and XLSX creation, editing and troubleshooting.
• Able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Able to deal with complex concepts.
• Superior ability to interact in a clear and logical manner. Foster open communication; thoroughly qualified at expressing ideas and instructions.
• Ability to prepare e-mails and professionally communicate both written and verbally.
• Must be technically literate and possess a strong understanding of video and audio.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Requires sound problem and root cause analysis.
• Must be self-starter and able to work with only general supervision.
• Superb organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejye1-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.