Mastering Technicians are leaders and exceed expectations on a regular basis. They are fully engaged, bring innovation to their role, maintain strong relationships and demonstrate outstanding judgment, leadership, and integrity. They are strategic thinkers who can execute and drive results with near perfect accuracy. They are collaborative, treat others with respect and maintain composure in all situations.
• Feature and TV Mastering - individual will edit, conform, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent home video release on various platforms such as broadcast, VOD and streaming
• Effectively analyze information in order to resolve issues and concerns on a daily basis
• Clearly and consistently communicate with team leads and management
• Work with all team members to ensure that departmental tasks and jobs are accurately assessed, communicated, executed and delivered on time per client specification
• Audio and video processing, such as standards conversion, transcoding and digital analysis
• Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting as needed
• Able to utilize audible and visual judgment for content and technical assessment
• Administration duties are required to ensure assigned tasks and jobs accurate, timely and contain the correct status in the appropriate business system
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary
• Willingness to take on any number of other duties as assigned when needed
• Ability to apply collaborative, creative, technical skills to editorial and quality control services in a client-driven, deadline-oriented environment
• Knowledge of mastering and transcoding techniques, concepts and workflows
• Experience with Non-Linear Editing (NLE) and transcoding software in a post-production environment is required, with the ability to learn new systems in a relatively short period of time, including but not limited to:
• Adobe Premiere, R&S Clipster, Colorfront Transkoder, Da Vinci Resolve
• ATEME, Elemental, Rhozet, Digital Rapids, Vantage, AVISynth, FFMpeg, Dolby Vision Professional Tools, Baton, GreyMeta Iris, XML editors
• Ability to work independently and self-manage a daily schedule of assigned tasks is required
• An appetite for learning is key as Advanced Formats operators will be trained and assigned processes and workflows that are on the cutting edge of the post-production industry
• Able to understand and can discuss the application and implications of changes to processes, policies and procedures
• Familiarity with UHD, HDR, IMF, DCP, JPEG2000, AVC, HEVC are desired, along with a general understanding of video levels, color space and compression
What You Bring:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a post-production environment
• Understanding and utilization of standard post-production industry hardware and software, including NLE and transcoding platforms geared toward mastering and mezzanine formats
• Mac and PC operating system proficiency is required, command-line skills a plus
• Practical business computer literacy required, including Microsoft Office 365, common web browsers and the ability to learn and utilize proprietary company software
• In-depth and working knowledge of video and audio theory, digital file codecs, wrappers, frame rates, and conversions
• Possess a high-level of written, verbal, and analytical skills
• Be a self-motivator with the ability to make decisions independently
• Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to the team environment
• Ability to organize, prioritize and orient with detail
• Willingness to work overtime and adjust working hours or work days to accommodate client and business needs, including nights and weekends when needed
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.