Python Developer, Pipeline Technical Director
Manager, Media Technical Operations
We currently have an opening for a Manager, Media Technical Operations. The position will be located in Toronto, ON.
• Oversee smooth operation of the Media Services technical operations
• Ensure that the department's work is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
• Assign projects to the appropriate staff members
• Hiring of staff
• Creation and execution of training for new and existing staff
• Staff scheduling, including vacations
• Approval of staff time sheets and overtime
• Continually work with staff to increase their job knowledge and efficiencies
• Schedule and run staff meetings as required
• Conduct annual reviews for staff
• Work closely with Account Managers and Sales in estimating labour requirements and technical specifications for new projects
• Work closely with Engineering to ensure that your staff has the tools that they require
• Communicate with clients as required
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Minimum 5 years' experience with advanced encoding technologies and standards
• Past supervisory experience beneficial
• Team leadership skills
• Experience in conflict resolution
• Excellent reading and writing skills
• Highly organized with an eye for detail
• Professional attitude
• Must have 5 or less incidents of sickness not exceeding more than 20 cumulative days within the 52 weeks prior to the job competition closing date. An exception will be made for one continuous absence of up to 60 days, in cases where the entire absence is related to a single illness/injury.
• Must not have received any of the following in the last 52 weeks:
• An unsatisfactory overall performance review
• A written warning or termination warning
• Must be in current position for a minimum of 6 months.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.