Production Services Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
About the team
The global demand for entertainment content today is unprecedented. Deluxe provides worldwide audiences with the latest features and original content of all kinds.
We are one of Europe's leading localisation facilities. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and OTT.
With traditional cinema and home entertainment facing further disruption from online platforms and evolving user expectations, Deluxe is looking to attract bright and talented people who are unfazed by the shifting media world.
About the Opportunity
Deluxe Localization is currently looking for a Project Coordinator that enjoys marketing, enriching, and enabling media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. This role is critical for our operational success as coordinators are accountable for on-time delivery and decisions that affect the quality of complex subtitling projects.
Overview of responsibilities:
• Set up, oversee and uphold the coordination of the end-to-end production lifecycle of subtitling projects in our proprietary cloud-based platform for localization services
• Accountable for on-time delivery of quality subtitling files strictly respecting the deadlines and the specifications set by Deluxe clients
• Manage customer changes to orders by negotiating deliverable due dates between internal departments, balancing internal capacity with external demands and expectations in a fast-paced environment
• Collect and keep track of all materials needed to begin work (i.e. scripts, videos)
• Perform incoming quality control of assets to ensure projects are workable
• Liaise with colleagues from worldwide production departments to determine adequate and efficient workflows
• Manage key names and phrases for projects, ensuring updates are applied across requested languages
• Liaise with Client Territories to create and/or approve translations where necessary and assist them when necessary
• Ensure that production teams and external freelance resources are clearly and accurately informed of all client requirements for each project and comply with the same
• Resolve technical flags and pending queries from internal production departments and external freelance resources
• Manage custom payments for atypical tasks performed by external freelance resources
• Proactively identify potential issues/problems with projects in progress, formulate responses and solutions in a resourceful manner
• Assist with coordination of redeliveries and rejections, identifying causes of redeliveries/rejections, completing Corrective Action Reports when applicable, and proposing solutions to meet KPI targets
• Assist in identifying the need for new procedures and contribute to updating existing procedures to improve quality of deliverables in the future
• Collaborate on production-related initiatives to increase customer satisfaction
• Deep understanding of client's expectations and requirements
• Escalate production issues to the Lead and Senior
• Maintain a flexible work schedule according to business needs
• Bachelor of Arts degree in Media, Communications or Translation (or equivalent), MA in Translation an advantage
• Proven experience in editorial, translation or project management
• Background in audiovisual and film production an asset
• Extensive knowledge of managing complex localization processes is essential
• Sound technical knowledge
• Previous experience on cloud-based platforms for localization services is an advantage
• Excellent command of English, other languages an advantage
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interests
• Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under pressure of a deadline
• Good command of Microsoft Windows systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google G-Suite
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.