Learning & Engagement Specialist
The Learning and Engagement Specialist will assist with the creative development, administration and facilitation of training and events for employees throughout Deluxe. This role will work within Human Resources to create, curate, and update learning content to support the company's global Learning Management System (LMS). This position will review and evaluate various learning modalities and be able to curate content to suit the business needs.
This individual will support the management of the global annual performance review process.
The Learning and Engagement Specialist will also have the opportunity to design and deploy a new global onboarding program and will lead our efforts in maintaining industry data on best practices to support the execution of ongoing employee engagement initiatives.
About the Team: Human Resources
The Human Resources group at Deluxe is a strategic partner to the business at every level, managing all HR functions and systems across the entire organization. Supporting more than 3,000 employees worldwide, the group also functions as the central hub globally for all employee-related issues, organizational design, talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, payroll, learning, and engagement.
This position will curate and coordinate the delivery of content offerings with the company's LMS (Workday) as well as drive relevant employee development and engagement initiatives on an ongoing basis, to support business objectives. This role is part of our Learning & Engagement team and is based in Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Participate in the development of a global training plan to encourage engagement and retention as well as to provide a platform for developing employees who provide outstanding customer service.
• Manage the company's LMS platform in Workday. This includes identifying key learning resources, recommending and rolling out training content that relates to department goals and role responsibilities, as well as providing reporting and follow up support to the department leads.
• Collaborate with HRBPs to implement the leadership development program. This program will include formal and informal learning opportunities as well as a mentoring component.
• Assess current onboarding needs and partner with regional HRBPs, department managers, and team(s) to design and maintain a global onboarding process to continually develop and support company culture and policies.
• Ensure delivery/coordination, and facilitation of an effective on-boarding program to support a smooth transition into the business and encourage retention of talent.
• Establish strong partnership with HR team and key stakeholders in the business to evaluate ongoing skills based, technical and other developmental training needs.
• Collaborate with regional HR teams to continuously align current best practices and opportunities, as related to engagement initiatives.
• Develop relationships within the global learning team to facilitate more diverse learning content options to continuously develop the global employee population.
• Coordinate performance review materials and process to remain current with business objectives and HR systems.
• Improve LMS capabilities and refresh development content on an ongoing basis.
• Assist with other duties as needed.
What You Bring:
• You have a degree, applicable certification in Human Resources, Learning & Development, or work experience in a related field.
• You have strong project management skills.
• You are able to design and facilitate instructor-led training courses.
• You can develop a clear online learning curriculum by curating effective courses.
• You have experience managing content and reporting within LMS.
• You enjoy collaborating with a team and have the drive to collaborate with all levels of the HR group.
• You are proactive and a problem solver by nature.
• You can adapt quickly in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
• You function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
If you are an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we would like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,000 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.