Manager, Post Production, Live Action
Lead Linguist - Japan
Do you love the entertainment industry and have skills in linguistic, subtitling and translation skills?
Deluxe is seeking strong Linguist to ensure the accuracy of subtitles for our client's projects. This is a fast-paced role and will require an individual with translation and subtitling experience.
• Conduct subtitle reviews for client content, English to Japanese and/or Japanese to English
• Ensure accuracy of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and intent is conveyed through subtitles
• Follow appropriate escalation of any issues to be resolved
• Seek to understand and correct any language uncertainty
• Manage translator pool in Japan
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill set:
• Extensive experience working in translation and experience subtitling and dubbing
• Outstanding Japanese and English language skills, both written and oral
• Must be organized, diligent, and detail-oriented
• Can apply good judgement and research when faced with ambiguous situations
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines
• Strong collaboration skills to ensure success across the team
• Ability to work independently
You must be able to legally work in Japan.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video, and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 4,000 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7w3ep-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.
Deluxe is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.