Post-Production Assistant Editor
Remote / Virtual
Lead Digital Asset Technician
We currently have an opening for a Lead Digital Asset Technician in our Deliverables/Quality Assurance Department (DAM). This is our incoming and outgoing hub of digital media specifically for our Audio department. The DAM Lead will oversee day to day work with the DAM team as well as coordinating with Client Services to complete daily assignments. Additionally, the DAM Lead will oversee and delegate management of our onsite storage network as well as shared network devices.
The DAM Lead will be asked to spearhead new workflow assessment and documentation, fixing work that has been rejected, updating workflows, and taking corrective measures within the DAM team to address issues.
• Assist DAM Technicians with completing daily job assignments
• Train new DAM Technicians and oversee implementation of new and adjusted workflows
• Oversee work corrections and special requests from Client Services
• Creation of deliverables for physical audio assets, such as: DVD-Rs and hard drives.
• Creation of deliverables for digital audio assets, such as: Pro Tools sessions, audio files, Quicktime wraps, etc.
• Send and receive files to and from various vendors and clients through digital file delivery systems.
• Archive and restore audio and video assets to and from LTO tapes.
• Oversee management of SAN storage for the facility.
• Work with mixers and clients on mix stages to ensure all required assets are available for sessions, including the building of Pro Tools video satellite sessions, ADR prep sessions, etc.
• Other assignments as instructed
• Proven problem solver that can work both independently and present solutions to the team
• Strong understanding of Pro Tools, including basic troubleshooting, plug-in installation, basic audio channel configurations, as well as some basic understanding of Quicktime, Final Cut Pro, and various other industry-standard applications.
• Understand digital file transfer using different protocol i.e. Aspera, DigiDelivery, Signiant, FTP, Media Exchange. Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud services preferred.
• Working knowledge of various digital audio and video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
• Strong organizational, communication (verbal and written), documentation, and computer skills.
• Must be able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
• Must have the ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
• Individual must be available to work overtime and/or including weekends.
• Familiarity with DLT, LTO, Magneto Optical discs is preferred
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented artists, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.