Language Services Specialist
Language Services Specialist
The Language Services team is a dynamic, fast-paced and multifunctional team that provides linguistic and technical support and expertise to global production teams creating subtitles, scripts, closed captions and other localized content for entertainment & media clients. As a Language Services Specialist, you will be responsible for a variety of linguistic and technical tasks. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working on different things day to day, a problem-solver who can quickly jump into new tasks and challenges. With your analytical skills, interest in learning new technology, passion for entertainment media content and attention to detail, you will ensure all deliverables adhere to company and client specifications and industry best practices.
• Carry out a variety of production tasks that require technical skills, using proprietary and commercial software, including script cleaning, rendering of subtitle images, video ingest
• Technical quality control of theatrical subtitles or captions in different target languages for worldwide markets
• Quality control non-English content as part of Deluxe's global localization workflows
• Advise on linguistic queries and quality concerns raised by clients and global production teams
• Communicate and collaborate with the coordinators and account managers responsible for overseeing projects
• Participate in company initiatives exploring new technologies and product lines
• Assist with creation and maintenance of instructions and guidelines
• Support root cause analysis of errors
• Create ad-hoc workflows for one-off special projects
• Maintain a flexible work schedule according to business needs
What You Bring
• Bachelor of Arts degree in Translation, Media or Communications or relevant equivalent experience is preferred
• Excellent command of English and at least one other language
• Proven experience in editorial, proofreading and/or translation. Experience in a localization environment an asset
• A passion for global cinema and television and sensitivity to viewer experience
• The ability to exercise critical thinking and analysis while working with creative content
• Detail-oriented, ability to prioritize tasks and make sound judgment calls while working under deadline
• Well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events, cultural references, slang, idiom
• The ability to identify risks and effectively communicate them
• The ability to engage with a culturally diverse, distributed team
• Good command of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Background in audiovisual and film production an asset
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq4ye-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.