HR Business Partner – Madrid, Spain
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our expanding team across Europe. This role will involve partnering with Lines of Business supporting Spain and Italy. You'll work with Leads from across both regions, influencing the people agenda, considering the impact of decisions, identifying, and advising on people risks, devising pragmatic solutions and improved business performance.
• Be responsible for the delivery of generalist HR support in our Southern Cluster and support our other business units across Europe as required
• Play an active role in the business and HR team and deliver effective people-led processes and initiatives.
• Be a true business partner, establish and maintain strong relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders, at all levels across the company.
• Lead specific HR project activities & deliver appropriate HR solutions in line with the Business needs and people agenda.
• Foster a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset and knowledge sharing and ensure compliance with all legal requirements as to fairness and equality of employment.
• Coaching business leaders within the region in shaping and executing organisational effectiveness and talent management priorities.
• This role offers hybrid working with frequent travel to regions as required.
What You Bring
You will need to be a progressive HR practitioner with proven experience of delivering and driving people initiatives with the ability to create and deliver engaging and relevant solutions across all areas of the employment lifecycle. You'll hold a qualification in HR, be a curious thinker and skilled when it comes to employee relations and customer focussed services. We're looking for someone who can bring experience of delivering and managing change and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
• Previous experience in a Generalist HR role
• Good spoken and written use of the English language and other languages – Italian is desired
• Organised; ability to work with ambiguity and create processes
• Experience of providing proactive people service
• Evidence and experience of ability to manage, organise and prioritise numerous objectives, projects, or activities simultaneously
• Evidence of working in challenging and changing environments
• Comfortable working under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions balancing the risk reward trade off, with good judgement skills
• Ability to operate independently using your own initiative
• Customer focused
• Ability to operate effectively at all levels within the company and understand business needs
• Strong commercial awareness, understanding risk and business impact in all aspects of the people agenda
• Understand how the clients service impacts on the wider organisation, gaining a deeper in-depth understanding of the organisation
If this sounds like you and you are also a champion for wellbeing, ensuring that an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought, backgrounds and experience is actively encouraged and achieved, then please apply!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qwq5-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.