As a Scripting Editor, you will be creating, editing, and proofing high-touch projects from our most high-profile clients, ensuring a high level of quality while also meeting client expectations for efficiency.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
The Scripting Editor manages production work as assigned for all scripting products, workflows, and special projects.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Creation of Dialogue Lists, Spotting Lists, Localization Lists, and Continuity Lists for films and television series including:
• Transcription and timing of spoken dialogue and plot-relevant text elements
• Tagging certain elements for metadata and export accuracy
• Annotating key English phrases to aid non-English speakers in translation
• Exporting and finishing all related documents in Word and Excel
• Creation of related supporting documents
• Creation of Creative Letters for films and television series including:
• Plot synopsis
• Character descriptions
• Thoughtful, contextual adaptation and translation notes for dubbing
• Background research on related works and materials that inform the dubbing process
• Meetings with Deluxe staff and/or clients to determine creative letter approach
• Revision of the above products based on updated video.
• QA or QC of the above products when someone else completes them.
• Complete scripts in deliverable condition by internal due date and/or client due date.
• Ensure scripts are error free and meet the highest industry standards as well as unique client specifications.
• Maintaining and improving your understanding of all scripting products to assist as an SME for client services, production management, Deluxe teams, and clients
• Additional scripting products and services as they are developed, altered, or added.
What You Bring
• BA/BS Degree in Literature, Creative Writing, Film Studies, or applicable equivalent experience is preferred
• 1 year of scripting or related transcription or text editing experience is ideal
• Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
• Ability to exercise critical and analytical thinking while working with creative content
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high attention to detail
• Comfortable knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and computers and use of various software generally
• Well-rounded knowledge of historical and contemporary events, cultural references, slang, idiom
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje8ew-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.