- Full Time
Job DescriptionPosition Title
The Encoding Operator captures from video tape, normalizes, modifies and prepares file-based content to defined specifications and workflows using specific digital media software and hardware systems. You will work as part of the Encoding Team and take direction from the Manager, Media Technical Operations.
Operators in Encoding perform work order-based assignments at a high level of precision with an eye for technical details and content quality standards. Candidates are those who possess a can-do, results oriented attitude, and take ownership of work-order assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This position will be located in Toronto, Canada.
• Operation of Video/Audio encoding hardware and software
• Preparing, encoding, packaging and quality control of deliverable content
• Transforming supplied metadata to vendor specific requirements
• Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Complete additional duties as required.
What You Bring
• Understanding of editing software: Final Cut Pro, AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve
• Advanced understanding of compression software: Vantage, Selenioflex, Alchemist OD
• AVI Synth scripting is required.
• Experience with the following digital online portals: iTunes, Netflix, Google, Sony PlayStation, Microsoft XBOX,
• Experience with various broadcast/VOD specifications: Sony XDCAM, DPP AS-11, IMF
• Familiarity with broadcast VTR's and play-out servers
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of aspect ratios and frame rates used in HD and SD environments. As well as advanced frame rate conversions, including inverse telecine and motion compensated conversions.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of audio requirements for file-based deliveries, including Loudness Correction and DolbyE processing
• Experience with closed captioning and subtitle conforming
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Requires attention to detail, ability to perform root cause analysis.
• Must be able to work independently once given work assignments.
• This position is eligible for overtime.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk35n0-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.