Digital Fulfilment Operator
We are looking for a Digital Fulfilment Operator to join our team.
This working shift pattern for the role will be Wednesday-Sunday – 7 am- 3:30 pm.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in media operations, is comfortable with video and metadata quality control, and is great at communicating both technical and non-technical information while working independently and within an established team.
The day-to-day involves the end to end within the core operations functions for the supply chain. This begins with the receipt, validation, and ingestion of a wide array of multimedia assets (along with the creation and maintenance of our internal feature and episodic title database. There will be a requirement for the creation and conversion of localised masters media files (video, audio, subtitle, artwork) that can be delivered to multiple end points, careful monitoring of automated exports in order to ensure optimal throughput, applying corrections as needed to content to meet quality and deadline expectations, and performing the necessary quality control checks.
- Create and verify XML documents for multiple vendors on a per order basis
- Package metadata and physical elements per unique vendor specifications
- Analyse technical video, XML, metadata, artwork and closed captions issues
- Proofread, edit, research, enhance, and maintain accuracy of metadata
- Effectively analyse and communicate information and concerns as they arise resolving problems accurately, on time, with high quality
- Utilise and monitor production databases and computer systems, inputting data as necessary to track progress using various tools and data management software
- Monitor and parse a high volume queue of studio avails and incoming media assets
- Validate and ingest image, video, audio, and timed text media assets against a variety of client and internal specifications
- Create, update, and access titles in our cross studio database
- Accurate and methodical testing that incorporates a very focused attention on audio, video and subtitle to ensure impairment-free and artefact-free assets
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
- Any member of staff may be asked to perform any task (subject to training and Health and Safety requirements) dependent upon the business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a core operations role/department within a broadcast/VOD environment or MCR environment of at least 2 years
- Experience delivering packages to VOD platforms
- Experience operating, or technical awareness of, modern ingest tools in a broadcast or post production environment, encoding/transcoding systems
- Strong understanding of technical video, audio, and subtitle specifications (e.g. video bitrates, codecs and file formats)
- Working knowledge of video transcode, editing, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of XML creation, editing, and troubleshooting
- Ability to identify encoding artefacts & colour problems
- Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross-functional groups.
- Demonstrated success with working effectively with technical players.
- Ability to accommodate change and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to audience to achieve desired results.
- Highly responsible and self-motivated, able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced environment.
- Team player who can build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook and Excel
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Time management, organizational skills, and ability to influence others.
Knowledge of professional transcode software such as Rhozet, Elemental, Digital Rapids, and Hybrik
Knowledge of professional editing and mastering software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Greymeta Iris Pro, and Colorfront Transkoder
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5w94-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.