The Delivery Operator manages the ingoing and outgoing transmission of files over various proprietary and commercial electronic distribution systems to a variety of customer sites. This includes creating final deliverable packages, manipulating XML, using compression software (TAR, ZIP) and creating MD5 checksums. Also includes communicating with internal clients regarding statuses. The office is located in Burbank, CA, and currently this position is remote.
• Conduct incoming and outgoing transmissions of content and supporting files through a variety of transmission methods both proprietary and commercial. Examples: Aspera Faspex, Aspera SCP, Signiant, FTP, SmartJog.
• Create, edit or package metadata and other file elements per unique vendor specifications.
• Utilize and monitor production database, inputting data as necessary to track progress.
• Operation of computer systems with various proprietary and commercial operational tools and data management software.
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated.
• Effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Provide manual and/or computerized documentation indicating work performed and problems/issues identified in accordance with prescribed methods.
• Proactively communicate transmission statuses to internal clients (Project Managers).
• Analyze process issues and suggest process improvements.
• Identify technical issues and escalate for immediate resolution.
• Identify any non-technical issues regarding transmissions to senior operators / supervisors.
• Must be flexible to work any shift – day or swing.
• Overtime and working on weekends required.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
What You Bring
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Must be technically literate and possess a strong understanding of computers, video and audio.
• Strong familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and Mac environments.
• Must be a self starter and able to work with only general supervision.
• Superb organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Previous experience working in Post-Production desired.
• Knowledge of scripting and programming a plus.
• Knowledge of XML creation, editing and troubleshooting desired.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally.
• Able to deal with complex concepts.
• Capable of open communication and building a positive team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Possess excellent problem solving skills and the ability to conduct root cause analysis.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mq4m-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.