Data Operator (Fixed Term Contract)
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
As a Data Operator, you will be situated within one of Deluxe's most significant departments at the heart of the Digital Cinema pipeline. You will be required to undertake day-to-day digital file and metadata quality checks, delivery, storage management and long-term cataloguing and archiving.
This position is responsible for working and operating alongside all of Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema's operational teams.
This role reports into the Data Operations Manager
• Uploading and Downloading content via the following methods; Aspera P2P, Aspera faspex, Aspera connect, Signiant, SmartJog, Fotokem, Hard Drive, LTO's, FTP
• Archiving project metadata using a LTO tape robot and tape library; Ensuring critical data backups are completed.
• Creating and managing the directory structures for multiple projects; Moving, copying and deleting project files.
• Monitoring central storage disk usage using disk management software tools; Capacity planning and management of production data storage.
• Creating Aspera accounts for numerous high profile clients.
• Adhering to file naming conventions and the departments established working protocols and procedures.
• Always looking for ways in which efficiency and productivity can be improved.
• Adhere to all Deluxe Technicolor Security policies and procedures.
• Loading and archiving files from LTO tapes and various HDD formats.
What You Bring
• Must have +1 year's data management experience in a Digital Cinema/Post-Production/Media environment.
• Broad knowledge of data transfer software common to post-production and data management industries.
• Knowledge of digital cinema production terminology would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of the concept of databases and metadata.
• Experience of project management and meeting imposed deadlines.
• Intermediate operational experience of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• A basic understanding of Linux, UNIX or DOS shell navigation and command line terminology would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and operational experience of various storage media and storage technologies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx6om-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.