Data Operator (Night Shift)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Data Operator, you will be situated within one of Deluxe's most significant departments at the heart of the Digital Cinema pipeline. You will be required to undertake day-to-day digital file and metadata quality checks, delivery, storage management and long-term cataloguing and archiving.
This position is responsible for working and operating alongside all of Deluxe Digital Cinema's operational teams.
This role reports into the Digital Cinema Data Operations Manager.
• Must have +2 year's data management experience in a Digital Cinema/Post-Production/Media environment.
• Broad knowledge of data transfer software common to post-production and data management industries.
• Knowledge of digital cinema production terminology would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of the concept of databases and metadata.
• Experience of project management and meeting imposed deadlines.
• Intermediate operational experience of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• A basic understanding of Linux, UNIX or DOS shell navigation and command line terminology would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and operational experience of various storage media and storage technologies.
• Uploading and Downloading content via the following methods; Aspera P2P, Aspera faspex, Aspera connect, Signiant, Hard Drive, LTO's, FTP
• Studio secure platforms such as Netflix, Amazon and Disney
• Archiving project metadata using a LTO tape robot and tape library; Ensuring critical data backups are completed.
• Creating and managing the directory structures for multiple projects; Moving, copying and deleting project files.
• Monitoring central storage disk usage using disk management software tools; Capacity planning and management of production data storage.
• Creating Aspera accounts for numerous high profile clients.
• Adhering to file naming conventions and the departments established working protocols and procedures.
• Always looking for ways in which efficiency and productivity can be improved.
• Adhere to all Deluxe Technicolor Security policies and procedures.
• Loading and archiving files from LTO tapes and various HDD formats.
• Technology or Computing Experience.
• Intermediate operational experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Operational experience of Linux, UNIX or DOS shell navigation and command line.
• A working knowledge of storage media, SAN infrastructures and storage technologies.
• Data file format knowledge.
• Experience with Digital Storage Systems.
• Experience with Digital Transfer Systems.
• Understanding of Network Topologies and Protocols.
Intermediate operational experience with:
• Microsoft Windows.
• Linux / UNIX.
• MAC (would be advantageous).
Hardware and Software
• Experience with tape backup systems (LTO).
• Common HDD input/output knowledge.
• Operational experience with Aspera, Signiant, and FTP, FTPS.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n4me-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.