Customer Support Technician
Customer Support Technician
POSITION: Domestic Support Technician (Part-time)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Deluxe Shared Svs/ Digital Support
LOCATION/FACILITY: Wilmington, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Digital Support Manager
Schedule: Mid Shift; up to 32 hours a week
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide.
The Digital Support Technician is in place to respond professionally and timely to all requests, inquiries and issues presented by exhibitor clients (theatres), motion picture studios, and all other callers contacting Deluxe Digital Support. The technician is well versed in procedures and internal systems to resolve issues rapidly and with high efficacy. Key responsibilities include answering calls and emails to fulfill requests, troubleshoot issues and escalate as necessary in accordance to studio guidelines and SLAs.
KEY DELIVERABLES – Describes the expectations of the role
• Possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the main systems and other web based programs used to perform the job daily.
• Establish and maintain courtesy and professionalism in all aspects of the job despite any adverse situations presented to them.
• Professionally answer inbound Digital Cinema Support calls and resolve inquiries or concerns swiftly per guidelines ensuring resolution.
• Perform outbound calls and emails to follow up troubleshooting or confirm information as needed.
• Responsible for updating and reporting issues that arise with distressed key and/or content orders through standard communication channels including service tickets and emails. This involves problem solving with precise documentation and effective follow up.
• Create KDMs (Key Delivery Management) per studio guidelines; which give specific dates and times for play of digital features.
• Possess and exercise the ability to make sound judgment when negotiating issues that arise from trouble-shooting. This includes having the skill to determine appropriate actions and rapid prioritization of issues and steps to prevent dark screens.
• Ability to generate required reports from systems, as well as read and utilize information.
• Provide feedback and suggestions to management for improved customer satisfaction, process improvements and system enhancements.
LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCE – Describes the impact this role has on the company and the business in terms of organization strategy, work methods, decision making and results
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude, able to handle self professionally in a high stress situation, project self as a team player, ability to accept and manage change and provide process improvement, cost saving and customer satisfaction suggestions.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality of customer/client sensitive information and Deluxe confidential information.
• Must be organized, reliable, conscientious, flexible, and skilled at multi-tasking.
• Work effectively under pressure and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
BUSINESS ACUME/EXPERTISE/COMPENTENCIES – Describe the professional experiences, educational background, knowledge, and behavior required to fulfill the role responsibilities
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or above preferred. Two years of work related, or management related experienced would be considered.
• Experience using standard MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required. Candidate must type a minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute and be capable of operating office equipment.
• Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, possess good problem-solving skills, ability to multi task in deadline driven environment and work with minimal supervision.
• Experience in defining, documenting and implementing business processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of the 24-hour clock, time zones, and state abbreviations preferred.
• Experience in a Customer Service organization, and/or Technical Operations Services including hardware/software systems and connectivity monitoring and troubleshooting highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as internal and external customers.
• Basic computer networking skills and familiarity with the cinema environment is a must.
• Understanding of basic networking technologies such as TCP/IP, FTP, multicast, etc. is a plus.
• Experience with incident management systems and web-based applications required.
• Strong customer service skills focused on problem solving and customer satisfaction.
• Bilingual or multilingual would be a plus, but not required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION TO CONSIDER
• Ability to sit for an extended time up to an entire shift.
• Ability to occasionally lift or transfer up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to view computer screens for an extended time up to an entire shift.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, routine reports, and correspondences.
• Ability to speak clearly and professionally.
• Ability to create written communication for co-workers, management, and customers.
• Ability to multi-task effectively around distractions and medium noise levels created by multiple conversations at the same time in a high stress, fast paced environment.
• Working indoors in air conditioned atmosphere without access to see outside.
• Be present for assigned work shift, but be flexible to shift changes as required to support our customer base as it relates to high volume peak periods including week-ends and holidays.
• Ability to professionally greet visitors and use proper phone etiquette when answering phones.
• Ability to have a clean and organized workstation
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.