Content Services Operator
The Content Services Operator is responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), IMP, ProRes master files and downstream deliverables, subtitling backgrounds, DVD and Blu-ray. Content Services facilitates the Mastering department by checking and conforming the specifications of source materials in preparation for creation of Digital Cinema.
You need a good understanding of the technical aspects of the various deliverables and downstream specs and be enthusiastic about evolving and adapting these to our client's needs. You will be using both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard. You should be highly motivated and able to work as part of a team with a flexible attitude. This role reports into the Content Services Manager.
This position will work from Sunday - Thursday from 10:00pm - 7:00am.
• Prep and conform source materials (Including Color conversion)
• Create outputs of various media formats
• To deliver a high quality of service and reporting to both internal and external clients
• Working with and liaising with other internal departments
• Handle associated paperwork from work orders to labeling of materials
What You Bring
• Picture and Audio editing, transcoding / encoding, sound syncing and color conversion experience is desirable for this role and a solid knowledge of Film & Digital file formats
• Familiarity with some of the latest technology including primarily DVS Clipster, Digital Rapids, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Elemental and Content Agent hardware and software or comparable systems is essential. Also, knowledge of any DVD or Blu-ray mastering software would be advantageous
• Experience within a similar post production finishing environment and tight deadlines. Working knowledge of editing and encoding systems both industry standard or bespoke systems is essential.
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows, XML
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to deal with a high standard of productivity
• Good understanding of technical software and related systems
• Strong IT literacy
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and sensitive information
• Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work to strict deadlines
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work on own initiative however, also be a good team player
• Quality Control experience would be an advantage
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Post Production environment is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University is preferred or equivalent professional experience.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n7p9-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.