Content Mastering Operations Manager
As the world's leading multidisciplinary service provider, Deluxe underpins the media and entertainment industry, servicing content creators and distributors including Netflix, WarnerMedia , The Walt Disney Company, Amazon, Apple, Viacom, NBCU, Google, AT&T and many others, by providing Global Content Distribution, Localization, Accessibility and Mastering while leading end-to-end innovation with unparalleled scale and agility across the Streaming, Theatrical, Broadcast and Mobile landscapes. With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 4 , 000
of the most talented and experienced industry individuals worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
Location: Perivale, London, UK
Content Mastering Operations Managers assist with the leadership of a large and critical operations department. They are responsible for the day-to-day running of the team, ensuring that work order deadlines are met and any obstacles overcome. They are line managers to their shifts, supervising training and development, arranging cover as needed. They implement workflow changes and play key roles in global operations projects and initiatives.
Content Mastering as a team are responsible for the preparation of source assets, quality control and creation of deliverables that are distributed around the world. This includes a variety of multimedia formats including Quicktimes and Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) utilising both manual and automated methods of creation. Operators use industry standard software such as DVS Clipster, Transkoder, Protools and DaVinci Resolve to provide bespoke services to all major and indie film studios. Elements handled include image, sound and subtitles from various source formats and must be conformed to client specification and DCI standards for theatrical release.
Role and Responsibilities
• Contribute as needed to all DCP Mastering and Content Services workflows.
• Supervising department operations, dividing time between work orders and other duties as needed.
• Mastering of both feature and trailer Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) including Dubbed, Subtitled, 2D, 3D, 2K, 4K and HFR versions
• Use of DVS Clipster, Transkoder, Protools and DaVinci Resolve
• Content review and quality checking a wide variety of materials
• Creation and distribution of short form Prores master files as well as downstream deliverables for global distribution
• Checking and conform of source files in preparation for DCP Mastering
• Creating censor cuts using creative editing techniques
• Perform quality control checks on all forms of department deliverables
• Troubleshooting any issues affecting department output, escalating when required
• Ensuring all department inbox queries are responded to promptly and accurately.
• Design and documentation of workflows, ensuring information is communicated and understood throughout the team.
• Representing Content Mastering in inter-department and inter-facility meetings, deputising for HOD when necessary
• Contributing from an operations perspective to projects and initiatives within the Cinema division; including development and operationalisation of new in-house tools, workflow alignment between facilities, gathering of data metrics etc
• Line manager to assigned shift operators. Approving holiday and overtime, ensuring sickness is correctly recorded etc.
• Reviewing operator coverage requirements, arranging overtime and shift changes as required, keeping department rota updated.
• Overseeing training within the shift, ensuring operators are not completing tasks without the necessary sign-off, following up on operator mistakes.
• Completing performance reviews, providing updates on operator performance to HOD
• Assisting with the recruitment and onboarding of new staff, attending interviews and running practical assessments
• Proven media operator experience, with at least 1 year of supervisory or managerial experience
• Confident user of the main softwares used within the department (DVS Clipster, Transkoder, Protools, DaVinci Resolve) or similar industry standard tools
• Good knowledge and understanding of file formats, codecs and wrappers for industry standard deliverables
• The ability to take on managing a team and delegating appropriate tasks to individuals
• Able to prioritise between many competing demands
• Technically minded and well organised
• Confidence working to ever changing and progressing specifications
• Ability to problem solve creatively and contribute on multiple projects
• Professional in communicating with key stakeholders across the business
• Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on race, colo u r, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk8x90-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.