Cinema Technician Operator
Cinema Technician Operator
The Cinema Technician Operator is responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs). This entails a thorough accounting of steps through our database and via communications over email. Elements handled include image, sound and subtitles, from various source formats and must be conformed at times to prepare for production. Operators use different mastering stations such as DVS Clipster, Wailua, Doremi to produce DCPs in the MXF Interop and/or SMPTE formats. Responsible for the secure transfer of all data entering or leaving the Mastering department. They are responsible for maintaining the Storage Area Network, and for archiving all created DCP content. They must ensure that all security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material and must ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries.
Responsible for the creation of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), IMP, ProRes master files and downstream deliverables, subtitling backgrounds, DVD and Blu-ray. Content Services facilitates the Mastering department by checking and conforming the specifications of source materials in preparation for creation of Digital Cinema.
You need a good understanding of the technical aspects of the various deliverables and downstream specs and be enthusiastic about evolving and adapting these to our client's needs. You will be using both industry standard and bespoke software to ensure that our client's demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard. You should be highly motivated and able to work as part of a team with a flexible attitude as some evening and weekend work may be required.
This will be a six (6) month temporary position located onsite our Toronto location.
• Create Digital Cinema Packages (DCP)
• Gather and convert a variety of audio, video and subtitle formats
• Maintain high standards of quality to ensure smooth transition to QC department
• Maintain accurate information across the database
• Communicate production issues to producers and supervisors
• Prep and conform source materials (Including Color conversion)
• Create outputs of various media formats
• To deliver a high quality of service and reporting to both internal and external clients
• Working with and liaising with other internal departments
• Handle associated paperwork from work orders to labeling of materials
• Manage all incoming and outgoing data
• SAN clean-up and archiving
• Ensure security protocols are followed
• Ensure 100% accuracy for all data deliveries
What You Bring
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in High Pressure situations (Deadlines/High Profile etc.)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows, XML
• Knowledge of diverse audio and video format (Tiff, Jpeg2000, QT, wave)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows and standards. (Mastering, QC)
• Knowledge of Digital Cinema mastering tools: DVS Clipster, Doremi, Wailua
• Provide internal technical support and respond to business regarding technical questions
Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Post Production environment is preferred
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or equivalent professional experience
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d982m4-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.