Based in Deluxe's corporate headquarters, the Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering US and Canada employee benefits programs which include but may not be limited to retirement plan, leave management, medical, dental, STD/LTD, FSA, and life and AD&D insurance plans.
About the Team: HR Operations
The HR Operations group at Deluxe is a strategic partner to the business at every level managing HR programs and the employee experience. Supporting more than 3,000 employees worldwide, the group also functions as the central hub for onboarding/offboarding, benefits & wellness, payroll, policies, and procedures.
The Benefits Specialist will focus on administering, implementing, and analyzing benefit plans, policies, and procedures for the North America region. This role reports to the Sr. Director, HR Operations and is based in Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Main point of contact for employee benefit questions, issues, and claims.
• Main point of contact for leave of absence administration. Coordinate leave with third party LOA administrator, employee, HR Business Partner, and Payroll.
• Work with Payroll team on 401(k) and RRSP administration and auditing.
• Work with ADP Workforce Now to ensure benefits are operating in accordance with plan rules.
• Research any system issues related to benefits in Workday and ADP Workforce Now.
• Create reports to audit and analyze benefit programs.
• Process benefit invoices and work with Accounts Payable and Accounting on payments and reconciliation.
• Participates in planning and execution of Annual Enrollment process and communications.
• Responsible for ACA auditing and reporting including Form 1094-C and 1095-C.
• Responsible for Form 5500 filing and SAR notice requirements.
What You Bring:
• You have 3+ years' experience supporting leave of absence administration and/or US benefits administration.
• You have knowledge of State and Federal laws including FMLA, ADA, CFRA, PFL, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, and other applicable regulations.
• You must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You have excellent computer skills – must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet savvy. Experience with Workday or ADP Workforce Now preferred.
• You can maintain confidentiality.
If you are an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we would like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wykz-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.