We are seeking a talented Audio Conform/QC operator to join our team in Burbank. The successful candidate will be an experienced editor who has worked across a wide variety of projects and platforms. You must be able to follow creative direction and have a critical eye for quality and detail. This position will be located in Burbank, California
• Work with studio clients and Deluxe account management to meet the specifications and vision for each project.
• Maintain productive and positive working relationships with clients to encourage their return for future projects.
• Work within pre-estimated budgets and timelines.
• Evaluate audio sources for quality and configuration.
• Proven expertise in quality control for audio, including a thorough understanding of audio post production processes and how they has developed over the past 90 years.
• Audio editing, conforming, and conversion utilizing the most recent version of Pro Tools.
• Process and edit audio to repair anomalies such as pops, ticks, drop-outs, etc.
• Create audio fold-downs, down-mixes, and matrices as necessary.
• Experience meeting broadcast or other audio limiting and level specifications (CALM Act, EBU-R128, etc.)
• The ability to interpret technical terms and processes and render them comprehensible to clients and Deluxe account management is essential.
• Create audio assets that conform to client specifications and are ready for delivery.
• Provide informed, thorough information to account management and clients regarding audio and source element issues and suggest recommendations for addressing them in a timely manner.
• Create logs to effectively communicate work done to both account management and clients.
• Machine and system configuration, connection, and troubleshooting.
• Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
• Minimum 3-5 years of audio post production experience in a creative environment.
• BS/BA degree preferred.
• Must be proficient with Pro Tools and other editing platforms.
• Knowledge of audio post production frame rates, time code types, audio speeds, channel configurations, metering scales, and general mixing aesthetics is a must.
• Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of digital audio and video signals, standards, machines, and wiring.
• Position requires a high level of ingenuity (using the different tools at the operator's disposal) in order to achieve the highest quality audio results.
• As all of our work is schedule and customer satisfaction driven, reliability and timeliness are very critical.
• Must possess exceptional communication skills: a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, presentation, and analytical ability is imperative
• Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented
• Individual will work in a fast-paced, small team environment. Individual will be dealing directly with other technical, creative and operations employees on a regular basis, but must also be able to work independently.
• Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for macs and PCs.
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Experience in multimedia, software and/or creative production environment preferred.
• Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software).
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x317-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.