• Script, voice, record and edit Audio Description for blind and partially sighted people, for broadcast, cinema, DVD/Blu-Ray and online streaming platforms.
• Full training and support provided on software, house style and client specifications.
• To write audio description scripts for broadcast, cinema, and home entertainment platforms in accordance with house style, client specifications and the guidelines set down by Ofcom. To provide other supporting materials as required within the department.
• To carry out any research necessary for the preparation of audio description scripts.
• To follow departmental guidelines relating to style and content of AD.
• To narrate and record the finished scripts to a high standard.
• To prepare recorded audio description scripts/audio for delivery to clients.
• To complete all audio description projects by agreed deadlines/delivery dates.
• To remain mindful of security and copyright considerations regarding high profile pre-release work (for theatrical and streaming), to ensure the FACT accreditation of Deluxe Media is not compromised.
• To write-check and record-check material as and when necessary.
• To rework/conform previously prepared material when required.
• To meet productivity goals as set out by your Head of Department.
• To complete supporting admin where necessary.
• Support and assist the Audio Description Manager, Media Access Services.
• Any other reasonable duty as appropriate to the position.
What You Bring
The following skills and abilities are viewed as necessary to enable the role of Audio Describer to be carried out efficiently and to meet client/business needs.
• Highly literate with excellent grammar and broad vocabulary.
• Conscientious and detail oriented.
• Voice Over skills: The ability to self-record to a high standard for broadcast, cinema and streaming clients, without need for additional clean-up in post-production.
• IT literate and comfortable learning new software.
• Ability to adapt to different styles and specs, to meet the changing editorial requirements of our varied clients.
• Comfortable writing to deadlines.
• Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Well-developed communication skills with the ability to be clear and concise.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Patient, persistent and flexible in the face of changing processes and requirements.
• Quick learner.
• Adaptable: Enjoys a challenge and is keen to learn and develop new skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qenq-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.