The Assistant Controller reports to the SVP Financial Controller and is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate recording of all accounting transactions and business activity as well as financial and management reporting requirements.
• Lead all day-to-day accounting operations and supervise the team members including functional responsibility over accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and treasury management.
• Oversight of accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure financial statement integrity and accuracy and compliance with GAAP standards.
• Assist in building a high performing Accounting organization, quickly assessing key team members and critical talent gaps.
• Participate as a key leader in the monthly and annual close process.
• Oversee the recording of journal entries, the analysis of ledger accounts, and reconciliations.
• Prepare comprehensive listing of month-end close tasks, reports and recurring monthly journal entries.
• Identify areas for standardization and automation of closing activities and opportunities for optimization of the month-end close processes.
• Provide leadership around existing ERP and supporting systems in areas of accounting and financial control, to include developing opportunities for improved automation and a best-in-class system-based controls environment.
• Ensure timely and accurate closing of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
• Coordinate the periodic consolidation and global financial close efforts and ensure proper elimination of intercompany activities.
• Oversee external audits and be the main point of contact for the auditor and liaison to the Controller and CFO.
• Ensure technical accounting compliance across the organization and adoption of all required accounting standards and updates.
• Ensure appropriate and timely filing of all lender reporting, including lender compliance certificates and related materials; as well as monitor and maintain compliance with any debt covenants.
• Work alongside the SVP Tax to ensure all Federal, State and Local tax filings are completed and submitted timely and accurately.
What You Bring
• BA/BS and CPA required
• Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and processes
• Solid experience coordinating audit activities and preparing audited financial statements.
• Knowledge of SAP required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex financial issues clearly and concisely to senior management or outside partners.
• Computer literate with strong excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
• Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills to allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communication with staff in order to create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z500-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.