Perform a multitude of tasks pertaining to the retrieval of file content from Deluxe Digital Group's (DDG) Digital Asset Management system, file archiving and storage system management and maintenance.
About the Team (Digital Cinema)
Digital Cinema is the use of digital-imaging, sound, and ancillary technologies to create, distribute and exhibit motion picture content in a theatrical environment. Deluxe is the world's largest digital cinema provider, delivering the highest quality end-to-end mastering, versioning and distribution services to major Hollywood studios and independents 365 days a year.
The Asset Specialist will have common knowledge or understandings of basic techniques and workflows concepts in post-production and file-based video ingesting experience .
A Day in the Life of this position would include:
• Reviewing of digital video/audio files
• Evaluating quality of and checking for errors in digital video/audio assets
• Describing and identifying severity of issues in video/audio assets
• Confirming basic technical requirements
• Submitting files to automated encoding workflow
• Troubleshooting and resolving encoding errors
What You Bring:
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a post-production environment
• Ability to apply collaborative, creative, technical, and quality control skills to provide effective services in a client driven, deadline oriented environment
• Able to document existing processes into SOPs and executing on defined SOPs, as well as learning new toolsets, methods, etc.
• Highly detail-oriented, maintains low error-rate, while also being productive and efficient
• Able to walk through existing processes, notes pain points and failure rates, etc.
• A beginning-intermediate understanding of basic film/video concepts, such as resolution, frame rate, NTSC, PAL, HDTV, SD, HD, 5.1 audio
• Experience with digital video/audio encoding systems, must have fundamental understanding of digital audio and digital video
• Strong computer skills are required (Windows/Mac, Excel, Word, web browser, FTP), internet, and server savvy.
• Must be flexible to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
• Individual must demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize, be diligent, and be extremely detail-oriented
• Individual must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skills
• Position is audibly and visually demanding as a significant amount of the job responsibilities include intensive testing for minor audio and video defects and artifacts
• Must be a self-motivator with the ability to make decisions independently
• Must be able to follow instructions, juggle multiple priorities, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in busy production environment
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.