Account Managers work as the client contact in managing projects from inception to delivery, with assistance from internal cross-functional teams.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
The Account Manager manages localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with language specialists, localization engineers, terminologists, product management and development, internal business partners and external vendors and other departments The position is located in Burbank, CA.
A Day in the Life of this position would include the following:
• Develop project plans and workflows, managing time, resources and quality control
• Create and controls localization project budgets, performs cost tracking analysis, ensures timely issuance of purchase orders and invoices and approves work reports
• Analyze location project risk, and defines mitigation actions of identified risks
• Identify and solve localization issues or disagreements, whether system or product, identifies causes and performs corrective/preventative action
• Directing team's deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism towards both internal and external clients
• Lead project/client/business partner meetings and conference calls, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, issue solves and performs post-mortems, while ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed, manages the delivery of agreed upon active items
• Present regular reports to client and peers on progress and forecast of project team's work status, escalating issues and evaluating needed support
• Continually expands knowledge and education in localization trends and news, keeping up to date through active participation in training opportunities
• Develop new and entry level Project Managers through training and coaching opportunities and by creating methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve the project management process
What You Bring:
• You have technical knowledge of video, audio, subtitles, and compression technologies with a basic understanding of localization workflow
• You have experience directly related to project management (preferably in the localization industry)
• You are strong communicator and can write well
• You have proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management
• You possess organizational and leadership skills along with problem-solving capabilities
• You are a strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment with a strong self-starter and pro-active approach
• You have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
• You have advanced Excel skills a big plus (formulas, pivot tables, macros, lookup tables, etc.) and can create macros or other task automations
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe is the world’s leading video creation to distribution company offering global, end-to-end services and technology. Through unmatched scale, technology and capabilities, Deluxe enables the worldwide market for professionally created video. The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in 38 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of more than 7,500 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, engineers and innovators.