Account Director, Localization
In this position you will be the primary lead appointed by Deluxe to service the Localization for your client(s). Pivotal to the success of this role will be your ability to lead a team of client service representatives to collaboratively process and execute on assigned projects. You will collaborate closely with your client services team, operations, and your client(s) to ensure timely delivery of high-quality assets. You will uphold the company's core values and lead by example in all your day-to-day interactions and exchanges and ensure a high-level of client service in the face of any challenge is maintained by the team.
This position provides organizational oversight and leadership to the client(s), internal client services and operations supporting your account(s).
A Day in the Life of this position would include:
• Primary escalation path for client services. Escalations may be internally or externally initiated.
• Update the Deluxe's leadership on finances, important projects, incidents, and performance.
• Monitor and report regularly on SLAs and metrics to ensure continued success of the account.
• Harmonize relationship and project management exchanges between internal teams and your client(s).
• Advise on recommendations and proposals from clients, internal Deluxe stakeholders, colleagues, and organizational leaders.
What You Bring:
• 5+ years of experience in client services management.
• Experience servicing Localization offerings and knowledge of supply chain management.
• Have worked in global organizations and able to bring together worldwide teams.
• Proven record of success leading and mentoring teams.
• Ability to use good judgment in any situation.
• Solutions-oriented and passion for excellence. Ability to mentor others to achieve the same.
• Can identify gaps in process and corresponding solutions to ensure regular throughput of assets at highest efficiency and quality.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.