Your New Role...
The Lead with Jake Tapper seeks a Writer/Producer to join their team in Washington, DC
Your Role Accountabilities...
A CNN Writer/Producer researches and writes scripts, leads, and teases for Jake Tapper of The Lead. Strong and fast writing skills are required. This involves taking a Senior Producer's instructions, formatting scripts, viewing video and graphic elements, finding relevant sources, then writing and formatting the script to include director instructions and fonts.
A Writer/Producer is expected to advise the Senior Producers on any editorial issues or problems that arise with assigned scripts. He or she is usually the lead writer for a program and may be called upon to write packages and/or be a backup copy editor.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• 5 or more years fulltime broadcast news writing or reporting preferred.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking are critical for the position.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re22e0-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.