Coordinator- Talent Strategy
New York, NY
The Production Assistant assists and supports the editorial team in production of the 9am show on a daily basis.
• Cut images for stories, gather research, create galleries, update link boxes, cut video from on-air, assist in social media out-reach.
• In addition, the Production Assistant will provide support with research on news stories to help writers and editors covering major events.
• They will work closely with our on-air colleagues.
• There will be opportunities to write, but the core responsibility for the individual in this position will be to provide production support for the CNN editorial team.
• College degree preferred, preferably in journalism or television-related education.
• Basic understanding of video technology, production knowledge and good visual sense.
• Strong news awareness, journalistic integrity and effective news writing ability.
• Thorough knowledge of CNN News systems preferred. Interest in and ability to write on news events.
• Effective writing ability.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.