WarnerMedia seeks a Production Assistant for the New Day department.
• The Production Assistant for CNN's Morning Programming works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere.
• The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics.
• Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, and for pitching both package and guest ideas.
• The PA will also run teleprompter in the control room.
• They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
• The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
• The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
• Must be able to regularly work an overnight or early morning shift and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics. Newsroom experience preferred.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to be detail oriented
• Knowledge of current events and strong editorial judgement are also important
• Able to juggle many tasks at once.
• Experience in editing a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp172e-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.