Production Assistant – CNN Business Digital Video
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN's Digital Video Business team is looking for a Production Assistant. This position will primarily support video production on CNN's coverage of tech, markets, companies, and media. Production Assistants create video content in a fast-paced environment for all of CNN's digital platforms, including desktop, mobile, over-the-top devices and social. They will assist other producers with newsgathering and storytelling, pitch story ideas, edit daily videos and publish content on digital platforms. Production Assistants can learn from some of the industry's best digital storytellers and work with colleagues from across CNN Digital's operations around the world.
• Researching, writing scripts, and editing videos for all digital platforms
• Monitoring business, tech, and media news
• Pitching newsy or buzzy daily videos
• Gathering elements including photos and historical footage
• Taking part in creative brainstorming and generating story ideas
• Assisting reporters and producers with story research and newsgathering
• Completing production workflows within CNN's content management systems
• Assisting on in-studio and local shoots
• Ideal candidate will have at least two professional internships (or equivalent experience) working in a digital news environment
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
• General knowledge and interest in tech, media, and business news
• Familiarity with digital video and social media platforms
• Basic skills with DSLR cameras
• Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills -- a team player who is ready to jump in quickly whenever news breaks
• Ability to work in a fast, high-pressure environment
• Bachelor's degree in journalism and/or video production, or relevant work experience
• Work schedule flexibility. Must be able to work AM, PM, weekend and holiday shifts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq0xb-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.