Position Overview This producer is tasked with conceiving, writing and executing segments for ''Fareed Zakaria GPS''.
• Pitch innovative ideas on such varied topics as economics, foreign policy, innovation and more.
• Pull research, conduct reporting (including phone or in-person interviews), and write a well-crafted script every week.
• Oversee the tracking of the script.
• Gather elements for the piece and then see the piece through edit with a craft editor.
• Field production experience and control room experience are necessary.
4+ years producing experience. This position requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together. The position requires great writing skills and a deeply analytical mind, plus outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic. A proven interest or experience in foreign policy or economics reporting/producing is a major advantage. Bachelor's degree. Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• 4+ years of experience in the field, shooting with DSLR cameras or similar
• High expertise in post-production software such as Final Cut pro, AfterEffects and similar
• Deep experience creating video for digital platforms-social, mobile and tablet
• Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven news environment
• A portfolio of proven journalistic credentials, showing judgement and creativity
Experience creating serialized video franchises from the pitch process to publishing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d285qm-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.