CNN seeks a Desk Assistant for the DC Desk.
• Works with Bureau management to ensure that the Bureau is covering the day's news stories and manages resources to make it happen effectively.
• Reports to Supervising Producer
• Placing calls to support breaking news and ongoing news stories.
• Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news, and evaluate newsworthiness.
• Conduct research at the direction of producers and Desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories.
• Support Desk management in efforts to ensure show staffs and reporters are available for live shots and coverage of live events.
• One years' experience in a news environment and previous newsroom experience.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• The candidate should have a working knowledge of social media.
• BA/BS preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3j31-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.