Quest Means Business is the definitive word on the critical events of the business day and now seeks an Executive Editor to lead the team. Together with the anchor, Richard Quest, the Executive Editor leads the editorial agenda, on a daily basis and in longer- term planning. The Editor oversees the creative execution and presentation of the program to the very highest levels of productions and editorial standards. The Executive Editor has managerial oversight over the production team of QMB, and conducts annual performance reviews. The Executive Editor will also be expected on occasion to play a leading role in network business coverage. These duties would include presenting the business top stories and agenda at network editorial meetings and liaising with senior management during breaking news.
Quest Means Business has been on air for several years, and is the leading business show, recognized around the world for its news-making interviews and engaging content.
• A successful candidate will have minimum 5 years show production experience including operating in a control room environment, and a demonstrated ability to manage high profile talent.
• This person must have a proven ability to produce creative and compelling segments that capture the viewer's imagination enabling the program to educate and inform.
• This person will have the ability to manage and enthuse a high performing team, and an ability to work collaboratively across the various CNN Business platforms on TV and Digital.
• It is a given that the successful candidate will have a proven solid news judgement.
• While a strong interest is business news is required, experience of covering business is not essential.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
We are looking for the best, most creative, accomplished leader to take our flagship business program to the next level!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv9en7-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.