WarnerMedia seeks a Designer for the CNN department.
We tell the stories people want to hear and listen to the stories people want to tell. It isn't just the heart of what we do, it's the heart and soul of who we are. We are journalists and we are here to do a job, but this is not work. This is our common bond. It is our purpose.
We are web, editorial, animation, app, social, data viz, UI/UX, marketing, and motion designers. We see what others don't, then we bring it to life. We're visual storytellers. Our work is seen in every single part of CNN Worldwide. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The designer is responsible for implementation and design of visual news, events, product and interactives from concept to completion. Responsibilities include basic design, production, generating comps and specs, provide creative thought and approaches across all verticals and editorial products. You will translate conceptual and strategic ideas into graphic design directions
• 3+ years' experience in editorial/newsroom environment
• Creative and strategic thinker with a good understanding of the digital landscape
• Demonstrated ability to design inspiring new solutions to challenges, often in collaboration with end users and stakeholders.
• Experience with branding, sub-branding and logo development
• Ability to deliver under tight deadlines
• Outstanding brainstorming and collaboration skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Proactive and organized.
• A self-starter who identifies opportunities for creative problem solving
• Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite. Some understanding of CMS systems, presentation (ex. Keynote/Powerpoint) and animation a plus
• Ability to multitask with good project management skills with ability to prioritize and organize their time
Please provide portfolio and/or website
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7b37-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.