WarnerMedia seeks an Associate Producer for CNN Digital Programming.
Are you cool under pressure and creative? Can you craft a notification or headline to make any story interesting? Do you have a thirst for news? Do you have a passion for finding the perfect visuals to go with a story? Are you all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives? Then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team.
We take the extraordinary content of CNN -- from text to videos to interactives -- curate and organize it for a digital audience, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
• Programming Associate Producers are obsessed with finding that perfect alert, headline, image and curation of stories. They focus on homepages, social platforms, article pages and section fronts. They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members -- Producers, Editors and Senior Editors -- to make sure the needs are met. They will focus on CNN's hot-seat programming duties, including writing audience-friendly notifications for Twitter, email, browser and app. That also means high-speed writing of accurate headlines, fast-paced news judgment and CMS ninja work.
• Programming Associate Producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling and essential journalism seen and shared. To that end, they think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute. They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing and work to ensure CNN is meeting its revenue goals. Digital Associate Producers are ace collaborators, working with video and photo teams, social teams, the global digital news desk, vertical teams and beyond. They are excellent givers of feedback, and they participate in post-mortems and other conversations about sharpening our programming. They have a knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc -- across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms. They suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
**This role supports a 24/7 business. Must be able to work nights and/or weekends**
• 1-2 years of related experience.
• Passionate about news, especially in a breaking news environment.
• Good writing and editing skills.
• Exercises strong editorial judgment, able to capture the essence of a story in a compelling headline or alert.
• The ability to work quickly under pressure and collaborate closely with others is essential.
• Ability to generate and pitch ideas
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3xv3-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.