The Associate Producer works closely with producers to execute projects - from inception to completion. Duties include heavy research and telephone reporting, pre-interviews, and coordinating logistics for field production.
The AP is responsible for locating, procuring, and managing internal and external video and assets. The AP must work closely with rights and clearances, the affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure the best and latest video is acquired, used and credited properly. The AP works closely with editors during postproduction, left-siding scripts, providing media, anticipating and responding to requests, organizing footage and tracking sources of material for licensing. This role is responsible for providing guidance to the Production Assistants, interns, and residents. The AP occasionally works in the field to produce interviews and to supervise b-roll shoots.
• 2-3 years of experience in TV/news/digital production.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Proficiency with archive sources, such as Getty Images and Associated Press is very helpful.
• Some field producing experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate basic research skills.
• Must demonstrate strong initiative, commitment, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and editors, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations, including breaking news.
• Must be flexible and able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xx8v-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.