CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage, business content and general news consumed by more than 544 million people per month across all platforms. The network's 15 live hours a day of news programming in North America (weekdays from 5:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also offers content through its vast portfolio of digital products such as: CNBC.com, which provides financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience; CNBC Make It, a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced editor to run the Politics team. The ideal candidate will know Washington inside and out, how the process works, who the players are and how to help reporters of various experience levels develop sources and get scoops. They will have roughly 10 or more years of experience in daily news, with a proven track record of breaking news, writing, or editing long-form features and delivering high-quality, high-impact journalism. They will be equally adept at editing breaking news as well as longer enterprise stories. Should also be comfortable managing live blogs on a story that merits.
• Editing breaking news in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Writing headlines with an eye toward SEO
• Experience editing fast-moving breaking news
• A clear understanding of style and grammar
• Interest in politics and policy stories
• Helping writers frame stories for a national audience
• Mentor, coach, and empower both junior and experienced reporters
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
• 10+ years of experience covering or editing politics and regulations
• 3+ years of managing direct reports.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing or editing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• Reporting, writing, or editing investigative stories and/or long-form features.
• A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV, and digital video.
• The ability to deliver accurate news in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• The job is based in Washington, DC with a hybrid in-office schedule. Can consider a NYC-based Editor to work out of the Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey office.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site or a daily financial publication.
• Passionate about storytelling and creating the best reader experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Solid understanding of web standards and SEO.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2p6m-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.