NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the number one channel for business news and broadcasts thirteen hours of live programming on the EMEA and Asia Pacific markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London and Singapore. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data; and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The News Assistant provides support to the show production teams assisting with cutting video, building graphics, basic segment production and guest booking. This role is ideal for candidates looking for entry into a career in journalism and TV news production with a keen interest in business, economics, and financial markets. They will also begin to learn about business and markets and the fundamentals for journalism.
• Working with editors to cut video to match news scripts and provide elements to support production of show segments.
• Creating accurate interview transcripts.
• Building graphics using CNBC's in-house applications and liaising with the graphics department.
• Researching stories as directed
• Guest booking and coordinating logistics.
• Basic script writing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree or equivalent experience and a keen interest in business news, economics, and financial markets.
- Prior internship experience in TV News Production and/or financial sector.
- Capability to handle short deadlines and work in a face-paced and demanding live news environment.
- Good communication skills,
- Additional languages would be beneficial
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55ok1-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.