NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive HR operational support across CNBC Asia Pacific. This role reports to the HR Manager, CNBC International and will work closely with the HR Coordinator in London and the wider CNBC & NBCUniversal HR team to ensure a consistent approach across the business.
HR Information Systems (HRIS)
• Maintain and update employee database in an accurate and timely manner (SAP and e-days)
• Support employees, managers and members of the HR community to self-serve using HR technology
Employee Life Cycle
• Assist and support in the onboarding and offboarding processes
• Administration support in maintaining employee lifecycle records, including preparation of letters to support employee lifecycle changes.
• Prepare employment contracts and letters for new and/or existing employees
• Manage new hire background checks, ensuring completion and recording on HRIS prior to start date
• Ensure that all induction pack and offer letter materials are current and that all forms and documents are accounted for and recorded according to our company processes.
• Responsible for creating, updating and managing employee personnel files
• Create new hires in the HRIS database, sending onboarding information to managers and supporting the onboarding process
• Assist line managers in ensuring new hires have the right onboarding experience including first day welcome, collecting all applicable documentation, providing relevant and useful resources
• Ensure probation periods are reviewed by line managers and any performance issues are addressed in a timely manner. Issue employee communications confirming the outcome of probation reviews.
• Responsible for planning and coordinating induction sessions and other HR related events
• Provide administrative support for any restructures and redundancies as required
Payroll & Benefits
• Work with payroll team and/or external payroll vendors to provide accurate and timely data for monthly payroll process
• Run monthly payroll reports and update any monthly payroll changes trackers
• Provide data to benefit providers on employee's changes including new hires, lifecycle changes and leavers
• Liaise with benefits vendors for escalation and feedback on employee benefits matters
• Ensure that all employee benefits or perks are processed in a timely manner (e.g. gift vouchers for long service awards and life event changes)
• Provide outstanding first line support for day-to-day HR queries & requests from employees and managers
• Facilitate employee experience through timely and pro-active support
• Escalate complex queries to HR Manager where required
• Champion CNBC and NBCU employee engagement initiatives and ensure you can respond to queries regarding employee events and experiences
• Support the HR team in the delivery of employee engagement initiatives and events across CNBC International
• Ensure that all local regulations are in compliance for all employee matters
• Responsible for generating HR reports when required
• Responsible for raising POs and processing HR invoices
• Responsible for completing government surveys where necessary
• Support external queries or requests such as background checks for ex-employees and employment verification letters
• Liaise with work-visa vendors and the Global Mobility team on all employment related visa matters for employees
• Participate in and lead HR projects and process improvements where applicable
• Collaborate with other HR coordinators across the business to ensure consistency in process and procedures
• Prepare freelancer contracts
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any given time by the Company.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Previous experience in administration and/or process improvement in a HR environment would be highly advantageous
- Strong organization and prioritization capability
- Excellent digital fluency skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven experience in a busy, multi-tasking environment
- Familiar with Singapore Employment Law, Hong Kong Employment Ordinance and China Labour Laws
- Familiar with local regulations in relation to Payroll activities
- Experience in SAP systems would be considered beneficial
- Methodical, accurate and organised with a high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive information
- Strong team player with a proactive attitude and approach to work
- Professional and calm manner
- Fluency in Mandarin would be advantageous
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8ykk-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.