CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
WCBS/WLNY-TV, New York, has an immediate opening for the position of Account Executive.
WCBS/WLNY-TV New York is looking for an energetic and extremely motivated multi-platform Account Executive. Candidates must possess strong presentation and communication skills, experience working with advertising agencies, ability to prospect and close new business clients, and embrace selling all our digital and streaming platforms.
The ideal candidate will:
• Achieve monthly and quarterly sales goals
• Develop and maintain strong relationship with media buyers and others at ad agencies
• Effectively research and cultivate new business clients
• Create, manage, & scale the revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies & partners
• Develop sales tools to effectively present and position the television station during the sales process
• Collaborate and relationship-build across various internal departments including: sales, marketing, traffic, finance as well as external (3rd party) vendors.
• Uncover revenue opportunities for our digital and streaming platforms eyeQ, CBSN New York and cbsnewyork.com
• Communicate well with station management
• Provide solid forecast information on account list
• Handle all paperwork in a timely matter
• Embrace the CTS-Corporate pillars of Content, Culture, & Community
• 8+ years of local media sales experience working with another broadcast organization or advertising agency.
• Ability to simplify complex concepts & define value propositions on behalf of CTS
• Highly proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Wide Orbit
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree
• College degree preferred
All qualified candidates must apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and www.cbscareers.com (external applicants)
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE.
Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.
CBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk98xk-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.