Location: Remote | Fort Lauderdale or New York City Preferred but not limited to
Truly premium content. At true scale. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, news, business, and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos, and company updates.
CBS Sports, one of the largest premium US sports properties, is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to work with our team of product managers and help guide our mobile app development, while working in close partnership with our iOS and Android development teams. Just like a multi-tooled athlete, you must cover multiple areas with your overarching skill set that showcases iterative improvement throughout each season. Michael Jordan didn't reach the Hall of Fame day 1, but the daily work routine over a 15 year career got him there. Are you ready to put that work in?
Our ideal Product Owner isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You understand what it takes to work with stakeholders to build products that keep users coming back for more. The 12 month national sports league calendar is constantly on your mind. You are immersed in the sports mobile app landscape, understanding the features that lead to best-in-class mobile app experience for our users. You are more agile than a yogi, more cross-functional than a Swiss Army Knife, more passionate than a telenovela. Your maker personality leads you to obsess over details until you get a product just right. You inspire your team and co-workers while pushing the limits to deliver excellence. You love the idea of working on a distributed team of ninjas to create new initiatives while hitting your goals on key metrics.
You will be responsible for working closely with a team of product managers, managing and operating both the iOS and Android app portfolios. You will maintain the operating cadence across professional sport seasons while assisting in crafting the product strategy for our mobile apps for the next 5 years that increases our sports coverage, provides data rich experiences, optimizes our video viewing experiences, and drives retention in the first 30 days of install. The four quarter roadmap will always be one click away while you maintain daily operation priorities. Releases will correlate to our core live event calendar in UEFA Champions League, NFL, College Football, College Basketball, and Masters coverage. You will be an active leader in bi-weekly sprint cycles while managing the following areas of business:
• Help craft and evangelize the overall CBS Sports product vision, while tactically executing the product backlog.
• Define Objectives & Key Results to be achieved for your product area. Develop key customer metrics for optimizing products for the desired outcome.
• Identify and document product requirements for features and functionality, and lead the product development lifecycle along with engineering. You should have enough technical proficiency to identify dependencies on other teams and work with them to align roadmaps.
• Champion CBS Sports customers and advocate for our users across all stakeholder groups with the support of data, research, & business insights. Partner with CBS Market Research and Customer Service to monitor the pulse of our core loyalists.
• Regularly conduct competitive analysis to devise new initiatives and product strategies improving our market position. Partner with design to bring industry leading design patterns.
• Be in a constant state of performance evaluation and optimization in the home & league pages.
• Partner with marketing and programming to ensure the best live events are effectively advertised across experiences and create strategies to retain those users throughout the calendar year.
• Drive activation into Paramount+ subscriptions with constant A/B testing and alignment with the Paramount+ product growth team.
• Partner with content creators to provide an immersive content experience that provides deep insights around leagues, teams, and players at all levels of their career.
• Drive activation into our subscription-based products while constantly evaluating opportunities to improve conversion.
• Partner with gambling experts and data sports scientists to create innovative experiences focused on industry leading game & gambling insights.
• Work across ViacomCBS advocating for content distribution across our house of brands that adds depth to our league, team, player, and live event experiences.
• Partner with our marketing and BI teams to craft effective strategies to capture app downloads.
• Develop in-depth product dashboards with data and tracking teams. Leverage data to optimize experiences and create product analysis reports to be shared with key stakeholders.
Is this you?
You dissect features like Mahommes shreds the secondary. Evaluate trade-offs like Kershaw throws a change-up to set up the fastball. Debug issues like how Lebron handles the high expectations of Los Angeles. Leverage strong critical thinking skills to create logical structures for your team. While doing all of this, you can keep your eye on the long term, high impact goals. You know strong relationships are core to launching world-class products.
What You Bring
• 4+ years of Product Management experience in the mobile app space
• 2+ years working on consumer-facing experiences
• Strong experience analyzing data to generate product hypotheses
• The desire to push your analytic skills that will feed into a large sports growth strategy grounded in the frameworks of retention, activation, engagement, churn and resurrection
• Background in driving multiple A/B tests simultaneously across customer segments to validate hypotheses
• Subject matter expertise on iOS and Android platforms
• History implementing and managing app notification strategies
• Strong beliefs, loosely held; with a willingness to defend your product decisions yet also have your opinion changed
• You have the ability to communicate product decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels
• Desire or experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Design and Engineering to discover the solutions that exceed user expectations.
• Proficient in Agile methodologies
CBS Sports has a nimble product team distributed across NYC, Kansas City, Cameron Park, Nashville, and Fort Lauderdale. We span multiple brands under the CBS Sports umbrella including Max Preps, 24/7 Sports, Sportsline, Sports HQ & Fantasy. We believe product is the linchpin across all departments uniting the team and translating departmental nomenclature into one universal language that bonds our groups together. User research is at the center of everything we push and work tirelessly to continually improve our understanding of CBS Sports users.
Sport is entertaining, passionate, fun and exciting. We try to emulate the same experience in our office culture.
Couple of exciting things we're working on:
• Data-rich sports game tracker an
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j2zy-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.